WG2: De-identification methods for soft- and non-biometric identifiers
Leader: Prof. Zheng-Hua Tan
Vice-Leader: Prof. Marcos Faundez
WG2 covers R&D activities related to soft- and non-biometric identifiers. Soft-biometric identifiers covered by this WG include age, gender, ethnicity, height, weight, skin marks etc. Nonbiometric identifiers include hairstyle, clothing style, text and environmental context.
The activities in WG2 (closely related to those of WG1) are structured appropriately to include the following key areas:
- Previous approaches to, and the main challenges in multimedia de-identification.
- Definition and classification of biometric/soft biometric/non-biometric identifiers in the multimedia content.
- Real-time, robust methods for identifier detection and localisation.
- Innovative methods for de-identification and reversible de-identification.
- Preservation of data utility and naturalness in de-identification.
- Procedures for the evaluation of de-identification methods.