Management Committee Meeting (MCM8) + WG1-WG4 Meeting (WGsM7)
6-7 July, 2016
Venue: Aalborg University, Rendsburggade 14,
9000 Aalborg - Denmark
(Moderator Isabel Trancoso)
- Tutorial at APSIPA15
- Keynote talk at MIPRO15.
- New projects:
- 4 national + 2 European (1 accepted, 1 under review)
- Publications: (these number must be revised because of the new criteria for joint publications -3 authors from 3 different countries)
- Joint publications: 1 journal + 5 conferences
- Journal publications: 5
- Conference publications: 25
- Doctoral thesis: 1
- Master thesis: 1
- Highlights: 9 papers at Interspeech, 5 at SPLINE
- Special issue on spoofing and countermeasures for automatic speaker verification
- IberSpeech 2016 announcement.
(Moderator Zheng-Hua Tan)
(Moderator Slobodan Ribaric)
- Progress report 15 members
- Invited talks: 2 (F. Florez-Revuelta)
- Publications: 9 (it was not mentioned whether there were joint publications or not)
- Work plan for the current period
- Law enforcement in transportation, private surveillance systems
- Video-based behavioural monitoring in schools, homes, hospitals
- Speech-based services in telephony
- Text-based medical records
- New COST project proposal (submitted): Privacy-Aware Video-Based Active and Assisted Living Applications: from Big Brother to Good Brother. (29 COST countries, two near-neighbours)
(Moderator Zoltan Alexin)
The 2016 first International Workshop on Sensing, Processing and Learning for Intelligent Machines (SPLINE) provides an opportunity for researchers and developers from both academia and industry to present their work, bring state-of-the-art forward and facilitate an active and constructive exchange of ideas on current areas of interest. SPLINE 2016 will be held in Aalborg University at Aalborg, Denmark between July 6 and 8, 2016.
The workshop is co-organised by Aalborg University and COST Action IC1206. It is co-sponsored by Aalborg University, Danish Sound Innovation Network, Thomas B. Thriges Fond and iSocioBot project, and technically co-sponsored by IEEE Denmark Section’s Signal Processing Chapter.
- The proceedings of the workshop can now be found at IEEE Xplore.
- Link to download photographs from the workshop and the social event HERE.
- Technical Program: More details HERE.